RAF Chedburgh 1945
Index to above diagram.
Avro Lancaster Mk.B III, LM577 ‘HA-Q’ “Edith”, of No. 218 Squadron on hardstanding No.30 at RAF Chedburgh, Suffolk. In the background is “C” Flights PD229 XH-D a GH Leader. Behind her is “T2” Hanger No.1 to the left is Hanger B.1 No.7
Looking east across the technical site. The photograph was taken above what was Rookery Farm.
The looking south towards the Technical Site. The Marquis Cornwallis Pub upper centre.
Poor quality photo of the derelict Chedburgh control tower in the early 1950’s.
Another view. For a period the airfield and it buildings was used as dairy farm.
A wonder Pathe News link on the airfield. http://www.britishpathe.com/video/aerodrome-farm